Chapters List Suras List Last Portion Chapter 26
26. And We verily sent Noah and Abraham and placed the Prophethood and the Scripture
among their seed, and among them there is he who goeth right, but many of them are
26. And We sent Noah and Abraham and established in their line Prophethood and
Revelation: and some of them were on right guidance but many of them became
27. Then We caused Our messengers to follow in their footsteps; and We caused
Jesus, son of Mary, to follow, and gave him the Gospel, and placed compassion
and mercy in the hearts of those who followed him. But monasticism they invented.
We ordained it not for them. Only seeking Allah's pleasure, and they observed it
not with right observance. So We give those of them who believe their reward,
but many of them are evil livers.
27. Then in their wake We followed them up with (others of) Our apostles: We
sent after them Jesus the son of Mary and bestowed on him the Gospel; and We
ordained in the hearts of those who followed him Compassion and Mercy. But the
monasticism which they invented for themselves We did not prescribe for them:
(We commanded) only the seeking for the Good pleasure of Allah; but that they
did not foster as they should have done. Yet We bestowed on those among them
who believed their (due) reward but many of them are rebellious transgressors.
28. O ye who believe! Be mindful of your duty to Allah and put faith in His
messenger. He will give you twofold of His mercy and will appoint for you a
light wherein ye shall walk, and will forgive you. Allah is Forgiving, Merciful;
28. O ye that believe! fear Allah and believe in His apostle and He will bestow
on you a double portion of His Mercy: He will provide for you a light by which
ye shall walk (straight in your path) and He will forgive you (your past): For
Allah is Oft-Forgiving. Most Merciful:
29. That the People of the Scripture may know that they control naught of the
bounty of Allah, but that the bounty is in Allah's hand to give to whom He will.
And Allah is of infinite bounty.
29. That the People of the Book may know that they have no power whatever over
the Grace of Allah that (His) Grace is (entirely) in his hand to bestow it on
whomsoever He wills. For Allah is the Lord of Grace abounding.
Chapters List Suras List Last Portion Chapter 27