Chapters List Suras List Last Portion Next Portion
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful.
1. Their reckoning draweth nigh for mankind, while they turn away in heedlessness.
1. Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they
2. Never cometh there unto them a new reminder from their Lord but they listen to
it while they play.
2. Never comes (aught) to them of a renewed Message from their Lord but they listen
to it as in jest
3. With hearts preoccupied. And they confer in secret The wrong doers say: Is this
other than a mortal like you? Will ye then succumb to magic when ye see (it)?
3. Their hearts toying as with trifles. The wrongdoers conceal their private counsels
(saying) "Is this (one) more than a man like yourselves? Will ye go to witchcraft
with your eyes open?"
4. He saith: My Lord knoweth what is spoken in the heaven and the earth. He is the
Hearer, the Knower.
4. Say: "My Lord knoweth (every) word (spoken) in the heavens and the earth: He is
the One that heareth and knoweth (all things)."
5. Nay, say they, (these are but) muddled dreams; nay, he hath but invented it; nay,
he is but a poet. Let him bring us a portent even as those of old (who were God's
messengers) were sent (with portents).
5. "Nay" they say "(these are) medleys of dreams! nay he forged it!- -nay he is (but)
a poet! Let him then bring us a Sign like the ones that were sent to (prophets)
6. Not a township believed of those which We destroyed before them (though We sent
them portents): would they then believe?
6. (As to those) before them not one of the populations which We destroyed believed:
will these believe?
Chapters List Suras List Last Portion> Next Portion