Chapters List Suras List Last Portion Next Portion
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful.
1. Glorified be He Who carried His servant by night from the Inviolable Place of
Worship to the Far Distant Place of Worship the neighborhood whereof We have blessed,
that We might show him of Our tokens! Lo! He, only He, is the Nearer, the Seer.
1. Glory to (Allah) Who did take His Servant for Journey by night from the Sacred
Mosque to the Farthest Mosque whose precincts We did Bless in order that We might
show him some of Our Signs: for He is the one Who heareth and seeth (all things).
2. We gave unto Moses the Scripture, and We appointed it a guidance for the Children
of Israel, saying: Choose no guardian beside Me.
2. We gave Moses the Book and made it a Guide to the Children of Israel (commanding):
"Take not other than Me as Disposer of (your) affairs."
3. (They were) the seed of those whom We carried (in the ship) along with Noah. Lo!
he was a grateful slave.
3. O ye that are sprung from those whom We carried (in the Ark) with Noah! verily
he was a devotee most grateful.
4. And We decreed for the Children of Israel in the scripture: Ye verily will work
corruption in the earth twice, and ye will become great tyrants.
4. And We gave (clear) warning to the Children of Israel in the Book that twice
would they do mischief on the earth and be elated with mighty arrogance (and twice
would they be punished)!
5. So when the time for the first of the two came, We roused against you slaves
of Ours of great might who ravaged (your) country, and it was a threat performed.
5. When the first of the warnings came to pass We sent against you Our servants
given to terrible warfare: They entered the very inmost parts of your homes; and
it was a warning (completely) fulfilled.
6. Then we gave you once again your turn against them, and We aided you with
wealth and children and made you more in soldiery,
6. Then did We grant you the Return as against them: We gave you increase in
resources and sons and made you the more numerous in manpower.
7. (Saying): If ye do good, ye do good for your own souls, and if ye do evil,
it is for them (in like manner). So, when the time for the second (of the
judgments) came (We roused against you others of Our slaves) to ravage you,
and to enter the Temple even as they entered it the first time, and to lay
waste all that they conquered with an utter wasting.
7. If ye did well ye did well for yourselves; if ye did evil (ye did it)
against yourselves; so when the second of the warnings came to pass (We
permitted your enemies) to disfigure your faces and to enter your Temple as
they had entered if before and to visit with destruction all that fell
into their power.
8. It may be that your Lord will have mercy on you, but if ye repeat (the
crime) We shall repeat (the punishment), and We have appointed hell a dungeon
for the disbelievers.
8. It may be that your Lord may (yet) show Mercy unto you; but if ye revert
(to your sins) We shall revert (to Our punishments): and We have made Hell a
prison for those who reject (all Faith).
Chapters List Suras List Last Portion Chapter 15