Chapters List Suras List Last Portion Next Portion
41. And know that whatever ye take as spoils of war, lo! a fifth thereof is for Allah,
and for the messenger and for the kinsmen (who hath need) and orphans and the needy
and the wayfarer; if ye believe in Allah and that which We revealed unto Our slave on
the Day of Discrimination, the day when the two armies met. And Allah is Able to do
41. And know that out of all the booty that ye may acquire (in war) a fifth share is
assigned to Allah and to the apostle and to near relatives orphans the needy and the
wayfarer if ye do believe in Allah and in the revelation We sent down to Our servant
on the day of testing the day of the meeting of the two forces. For Allah hath power
over all things.
42. When ye were on the near bank (of the valley) and they were on the yonder bank,
and the caravan was below you (on the coast plain). And had ye trysted to meet one
another ye surely would have failed to keep the tryst, but (it happened, as it did,
without the forethought of either of you) that Allah might conclude a thing that must
be done; that he who perished (on that day) might perish by a clear proof (of His
sovereignty) and he who survived might survive by a clear proof (of His sovereignty).
Lo! Allah in truth is Hearer, Knower.
42. Remember ye were on the hither side of the valley and they on the farther side and
the caravan on lower ground than ye. Even if ye had made a mutual appointment to meet
ye would certainly have failed in the appointment: but (thus ye met) that Allah might
accomplish a matter already enacted; that those who died might die after a clear sign
(had been given) and those who lived might live after a clear sign (had been given).
And verily Allah is He Who heareth and knoweth (all things).
43. When Allah showed them unto thee (O Muhammad) in thy dream as few in number, and
if He had shown them to thee as many, ye (Muslims) would have faltered and would have
quarrelled over the affair. But Allah saved (you). Lo! He knoweth what is in the
breasts (of men).
43. Remember in thy dream Allah showed them to thee as few: if He had shown them to
thee as many ye would surely have been discouraged and ye would surely have disputed
in (your) decision: but Allah saved (you): for He knoweth well the (secrets) of
44. And when He made you (Muslims), when ye met (them), see them with your eyes as
few, and lessened you in their eyes, (it was) that Allah might conclude a thing that
must be done. Unto Allah all things are brought back.
44. And remember when ye met He showed them to you as few in your eyes and He made
you appear as contemptible in their eyes: That Allah might accomplish a matter
already enacted: for to Allah do all questions go back (for decision).
Chapters List Suras List Last Portion> Next Portion